Our school is a Community Primary and Nursery School for children aged between 3-11 years old.
We welcome all enquiries from parents/carers who are considering to apply for a school place at Holden Clough and regular tours of the school are carried out. Please call us on 0161 330 5248 to make an appointment to visit.
Please send parental requests for admission of pupils to the below address:
Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council
Applying for a place in Reception
If you or someone you know has a child that will turn 4 years old on or before 31st August 2021 the applications process will be opening on 1st November 2020 and closing on 15th January 2021. Please see the letters attached for more details on how to apply.
Tameside Metropolitan Borough letters Re Admission to Primary School in September 2021
For further support, Tameside Metropolitan Borough has created a ‘Starting Out’ booklet to assist parents and carers with the application process.
Applying for a place in Nursery
We offer part-time nursery places to children in the September following their 3rd birthday. Parents and carers are invited to put their child's name down for a place in nursery at any time after birth.
Holden Clough Community Primary School follow the Tameside Admissions to nursery policy for offering places and over-subscription criteria.
- Beginning of February - Nursery waiting list is frozen. Letters, with enclosing application forms, are sent to all families who have their child's name on the waiting list for the coming September to apply for a nursery place.
- Late February - Closing date for applications to be returned to school.
- Mid-March - Nursery school places are offered to families.
- Late March - Families accept the nursery places.
- Beginning of April - Waiting list reopens.
Nursery 2020 General information:
- FEF Poster 2020.pdf
- Free Entitlement Funding - Directory of providers 2020.pdf
- Free Entitlement Funding - Leaflet 2020.pdf
- Nursery Admissions leaflet 20-21.pdf
- Nursery Admissions Policy 2020.pdf
Generally, it’s in your child’s best interest to remain at the same school for the entire Key Stage year group they are currently in, but ideally, the whole of the primary or secondary phase if possible.
The decision to move your child from one school to another should not be taken lightly and, in view of the upheaval it’s likely to cause, should only be considered as a last resort.
We do realise that, in certain circumstances, transferring your child to another school may be unavoidable. For example, if you are moving house on a permanent basis and the distance would make it impossible for them to attend their current school. However, it is not guaranteed that a place at Holden Clough will be available.
If you want to transfer your child to a school in Tameside, you must apply through Tameside Council, regardless of whether you live in the Tameside area or not. Similarly, if you want to apply for a school in another area, you will need to contact that area for further details of their transfer process.
If you are moving into Tameside, or you wish to pursue a transfer, forms can be obtained from:
- The school you want to move from or to,
- The School Admissions Team via 0161 342 3204 /4068 /3214 or;
- You can download a school transfer request form via this link: primarytransfer.pdf
Please complete the school transfer request form and return it to the address included at the top of the form. This cannot be done electronically.
If successful, parents /carers will receive an offer of a school place through Tameside Council, but this process can take up to 20 school days.