If a child is absent parents must:
- Contact the school as soon as possible on the first day of absence. Telephone number 0161 330 5248. If the office is closed you will have the option to leave a message. Every half day absence from school has to be classified by the school (not the parent/carer), as either AUTHORISED or UNAUTHORISED. It is therefore very important that you give a reason for your child's absence.
- If the absence lasts longer than one day, please update the office daily.
- Parents can also call into school and report to the office, who will arrange for a member of staff to discuss the absence if necessary.
Procedure for Absences:
- A review of individual attendance will take place every 4 weeks. Pupils whose attendance falls below 95% will receive a letter.
- If there is no improvement a second letter will be sent (as part of the next 4 weekly review) inviting parents/carers into school to discuss attendance and devise a plan of support if required.
- If there is an improvement a second letter will be sent (as part of the next 4 weekly review) advising parents/carers of the new attendance percentage. This will continue until attendance is over 95%.
- School will continue to monitor and review attendance, working with families. However, if there is no improvement in attendance school may consider legal process.
Please contact the school if you have any concerns regarding your child's attendance.