Our School Council Representatives
Year 4: Lennon and Olivia
Year 4: Brooke and Damon
Year 5: Eleanor and Kian
Year 5: Ikram and Shreya
Year 6: Leon and Amelia
Year 6: Keane and Evie
The school council first met in November. We discussed what a school councils role would be for the school. The children wanted to improve our school, bring new ideas and make sure our school was a happy and bright place to be.
The meeting also generated a discussion around school meals. They went away with three questions to ask their friends
1. Are they happy with school meals?
2. Should we have a menu in class?
3. Should we have grab bags?
The children came back with positive responses from their friends.
Everyone wanted a menu and the children liked the idea of the grab bags. We set up a meeting with the cook and the manager.
The school council successfully changed our system for school lunches. The children can choose a meal in advance. They all know what they have chosen for up to 6 weeks. This means all children get the meal they have chosen. Well done school council for your input.
What other projects have our School Council been part of.
- The Mayor joined us in school for our Remembrance Day assembly. The School Council were lucky enough to meet with him afterwards to find out more about his role in our community and to ask him some questions.
- We worked together to look at the Smoke Free Gates Award and the reasons why we want our school grounds to be smoke free. This will be something we will be working on during the Autumn term.
- The School Council enjoyed meeting Angela Rayner our MP on Friday (8/3/19).She answered all the questions they had prepared and they even got her autograph!!
- To introduce Anti-bullying week the School Council led a whole school assembly. They emphasised the important message behind the theme 'choose respect' and gave us lots to think about with regards to this very important topic. The School Council have been busy analising the results of the Emotional Health and Well-being questionnaire they helped create.
Watch this space for more projects from the school council.